CB2 & CB4 hearings: NA – see below
LPC hearing: TBD
Gansevoort Market Historic District
Between Ninth Avenue and Tenth Avenue
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) Application Description: Application for 34 new planters along West 14th Street between Ninth and Tenth Avenues. All will have herbaceous plantings and in addition, 12 of these planters will have new street trees. Existing trees will receive new enclosures which will be of a similar design to the new planters but lower in height.
2) View the application: Available in PDF.
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 & Community Board 4 public hearing:
The project falls within the purview of both Community Board 2 and Community Board 4. Although this application is a landmarks application, both community boards did not have their Landmarks or Land Use Committees review this application. CB2’s Traffic and Transportation Committee reviewed the application (11/2018), click HERE for the resolution. CB4’s Waterfront, Parks & Environment Committee reviewed the application (12/2018), click HERE for the resolution.
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please click the agenda link on the LPC public calendar for the approximate hearing time (the LPC recommends that you arrive 60 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application). Following the hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions.
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.