APPROVED on 10/1/13
MacDougal-Sullivan Gardens Historic District
Between Houston and Bleecker Streets
Image courtesy of Google Maps
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A Greek Revival style rowhouse built in 1844 and altered in the neo-Federal style in the 1920s by Francis Y. Joannes and Maxwell Hyde. Application is to paint the facade and refinish the front door and window sash.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
Monday, September 16, 2013 at 6pm
Church of Our Lady of Pompeii, 25 Carmine Street, Father Demo Hall
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, October 1, 2013 at time TBD
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please click the agenda link on the LPC public calendar for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 10/1/13: Application approved on 10/1 at the LPC hearing, and is now closed.
- 9/27/13: Application scheduled for its LPC public hearing on 10/1.
- 9/20/13: This application’s LPC public hearing has been postponed until a future date TBD. We will update this page as soon as we know more.