CB2 hearing: 03/16/2015
LPC hearing: 06/02/2015
LPC meeting: 02/07/2017
Charlton-King-Vandam Historic District
Between Varick Street and 6th Avenue
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A Federal style rowhouse built in 1829-30. Application is to construct a rear yard addition, modify a dormer, excavate the cellar and rear yard.
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description (mentioned in the second paragraph on page 3).
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 2/07/17: At today’s LPC meeting, this application was approved.
- 6/2/15: At today’s LPC hearing, the commissioners did not vote on this application. Instead they asked the applicant to make revisions, particularly to the rear extension and excavation proposals. We will update this page when a public meeting has been scheduled.
- 5/14/15: Application rescheduled for 6/2 LPC hearing.
- 5/1/15: Application rescheduled for 5/19 LPC hearing.
- 4/15/15: Application rescheduled for 5/5 LPC hearing.
- 4/3/15: Application laid over at LPC. We will update this page when the hearing has been rescheduled.