APPROVED on 12/10/13
East Village/Lower East Side Historic District
Between East 5th and and 6th Streets
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A Renaissance Revival style apartment building designed by Bernstein & Bernstein and built in 1903-04. Application is to legalize alterations to the enclosed sidewalk cafe without Landmarks Preservation Commission permit(s) and to further modify the café enclosure.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 3 public hearing:
Thursday, December 5, 2013 at 6:30 P.M.
BRC Senior Services Center – 30 Delancey Street (btwn Chrystie & Forsyth Sts)
Please note: The Community Board 3 Landmarks Subcommittee often meets well in advance to discuss applications, so that by the time an LPC public hearing for a particular application has been scheduled it has already been presented to the subcommittee. Sometimes GVSHP does not know what applications will be presented at subcommittee meetings, but will try to post here as soon as we do.
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda.
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, December 10, 2013 at time TBD
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please click the agenda link on the LPC public calendar for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 3 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearing but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing date indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 12/10/13: Application approved at today’s LPC hearing, and is now closed.
- 11/27/13: Application scheduled for CB3 presentation on 12/5.
- 11/12/13: Application laid over at LPC. Future hearing date TBD.
- 11/4/13: This application will not be presented at Community Board 3, which means it could be laid over at the LPC. We will update this page as soon as find out more.