APPROVED with modifications – 10/11/2016
CB2 hearing: 05/12/2016
LPC hearing: 06/21/2016 – laid over due to personal emergency of applicant
LPC hearing: 07/12/2016 – No action (see below)
LPC meeting: 10/11/2016
Click Here for GVSHP testimony
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Greenwich Street and Washington Street
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to construct rooftop additions, raise the height of the street wall, and alter rear facade
3) View CB2 Resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Click HERE for the hearing on July 14, 2016. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) View LPC Decision: Available in PDF.
6) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
7) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
10/11/2016: At today’s public meeting at the LPC this application was approved with the modification of the applicant working with staff in regards to the cornice. All of the commissioners agreed that the new proposal was a vast improvement over the original. Several of the commissioners had issue with the elimination of the stepped parapet at No. 89-93 and thought that the addition at that end of the building should be pushed back in order it be deferential to the original historic building. It was decided, however that the majority of the commissioners felt that the proposed design was appropriate. The approval was passed with two commissioners opposing due to the elimination of the parapet.
07/12/2016: At today’s public hearing the LPC took no action and asked the applicant to return at a future public meeting with a revised plan based on the commissioners’ comments. Comments were varied but in general the commission disputed the appropriateness of the towers within the context of the district and on Jane Street. Further, the applicant was asked to explore other options rather than the 40′ street wall in its current iteration as seen in the proposal.