APPROVED with modifications
CB3 hearing: 07/09/2018
LPC hearing: 07/31/2018- laid over
LPC hearing: 08/07/2018-laid over
LPC hearing: 09/04/2018-canceled
LPC hearing: 09/18/2018-no action
LPC meeting: 10/20/2018
East Village/Lower East Side Historic District
Between East 4th Street and East 5th Street
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB3 agenda: A Greek Revival style rowhouse with alterations built c. 1841. Application is to modify and replace storefront infill, installed without Landmarks Preservation Commission permits; replace windows; construct rear yard and rooftop additions; and install railings
3) View CB3 Resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Click HERE to view the video from 09/18/2018. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
6) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.6
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
10/30/2018: At today’s public meeting, the Commission approved this application with the modification that the applicant work with staff to further reduce the visibility of the roof.
09/18/2018: At today’s public hearing, no action was taken and the applicant was asked to make revisions and return to present at a future public meeting. Specifically the commissioners said that the added bulk was too much and some commissioners thought that the commercial addition at the rear needed to be scaled back. All had issue with the storefront proposal and the visibility of the changes and addition at the roof.