APPROVED with modifications 02/07/2017
CB2 hearing: 12/15/2016
LPC hearing: 01/10/2017 – laid over
LPC hearing: 02/07/2017
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between West 4th Street and Bleecker Street
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to convert the building from multi-family apartments back to a single-family residence; rebuild the historic front stoop that had been removed and restore the base of the front facade to match the original design; enlarge an existing one-story rear extension into a two-story rear yard addition; add a rooftop addition and stair bulkhead; excavate the cellar down and expand it to the rear, under the rear yard.
3) View CB2 Resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) LPC Permit: Available in PDF.
6) View LPC Decision:Available in PDF.
7) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
8) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
o2/07/2017: At today’s LPC hearing, this application was approved with the following modification: the applicant work with staff to lower the bulkhead, that the applicant set the rooftop addition an additional 3′ from the rear facade and the applicant take care with any excavation with regards to any granite below grade.