CB2 hearing: 04/12/2018
LPC hearing: 05/08/2018
LPC hearing continued: 05/29/2018
CB2 hearing: 08/16/2018 – new application
LPC hearing: 09/04/2018 – cancelled
LPC hearing: 09/18/2018
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Bleecker Street and West 4th Street
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to legalize the installation of a service ramp without LPC permits.
3) View CB2 Resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Click HERE to view the video from 05/08/2018 and HERE to view the video from 05/29/2018. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
6) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
09/18/2018: At today’s public hearing, the legalization of the ramp and proposed new gate were denied.
05/29/2018: LPC denied approval of existing ramp and instructed the applicant to create a new proposal for service egress and present at a future public hearing in order that the public can weigh in on the new proposal.
05/10/2018: LPC posted that the hearing would be continued on 5/29/2018 in order to include public comment which was not heard onn 05/08/2018
05/08/2018: At today’s LPC public hearing, this application was approved with modifications: the cameras on the southwest corner be moved to a less conspicuous location and that the ramp be painted.