APPROVED on 8/5/14
NoHo Historic District
Between Astor Place and East 4th Street
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: An Italianate style warehouse designed by John Warren Ritch and Evan Griffiths and built in 1867. Application is to install signage and lighting.
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 8/6/14: Application approved at yesterday’s LPC hearing, and is now closed. They felt that the painted metal letters were consistent with the character of buildings of this type and age, that the vinyl signage, including the peace sign and decals, will not detract from the windows, and that the cove lighting will be discreet.