Gansevoort Market Historic District
Between Washington and Greenwich Streets
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: Three vernacular buildings originally built c. 1850-54 and 1893 and altered as a market building in 1937 by S. Walter Katz. Application is to install storefront infill and signages.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing: Tuesday, May 29, 2012 at 6:30 P.M. at
NYU – 5 Washington Place between Mercer & Broadway, Room 101
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2′s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing: Tuesday, June 12, 2012 at 4:30pm at
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please check the LPC public calendar on the right-hand side of their website for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
Latest News – June 13, 2012: This application was heard and approved at the LPC on June 12th. The application is now closed.
June 8, 2012: This application is scheduled to be heard at the LPC on June 12th.
May 30, 2012: This application was presented at Community Board 2. It has been laid over at the Landmarks Preservation Commission, future date TBD.