APPROVED with modifications 10/31/2017
CB2 hearing: 09/11/2017
LPC hearing: 10/31/2017
Charlton King Vandam Historic District
Between West Houston Street and King Street
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to enlarge the 1st and 2nd floor a the Houston St. frontage, and install a penthouse addition at the rooftop.
2) View the application: Available in PDF.
3) View CB2 Resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Click HERE to view the video from 10/31/2017. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) View LPC Permit: Available in PDF.
6) View LPC Decision: Available in PDF.
7) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
8) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
10/31/2017: At today’s LPC public hearing, this application was approved with the following modifications: Work with staff to use a common brick at the side facade which matches the rear rather than the front, work with staff to reduce the rooftop addition to just a stair bulhead, work with the staff to modify the roof railing to make it more discreeet and reduce parapet at rear addition to that which meets code.