CB4 hearing: 02/18/2020
CB4 hearing: 03/16/2020 (continuation) – CANCELLED
LPC hearing: 04/07/2020 – laid over
CB4 hearing: 4/20/2020 (continuation) – See below for information on how to participate by zoom or phone, or to watch the hearing
LPC hearing: 06/02/2020 – see link below for instructions for Public Hearings via Zoom
Gansevoort Market Historic District
At the northeast corner of Ninth Avenue and West 14th Street
Image courtesy of Google Street View
— APPLICATION INFORMATION —
1) From the CB4 agenda: Application to fully restore the exterior of the existing buildings and construction of a new nine story commercial office in-fill behind the restored buildings and attached to them.
2) View the Application: Available in PDF.
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT—
1) Community Board 4 public hearing:
Monday, April 20, 2020 at 6:30pm
Go to the link below to join the webinar: https://zoom.us/j/420721312; or Go to Zoom.com and enter Webinar ID: 420 721 312; or By phone Ph#: 646-518-9805Access Code: 420 721 312#. The Meeting will also be live-streamed on the MCB4 Youtube Channel
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB4’s Chelsea Land Use Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, June 2, 2020, time TBD
For instructions for participating in virtual LPC public hearings and meetings, click HERE
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please click the agenda link on the LPC public calendar for the approximate hearing time (the LPC recommends that you arrive 60 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. Public attendance via Zoom and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application). Following the hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions.
3) Email Community Board 4 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
— STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.