APPROVED on 01/21/2014
CB2 hearing: 01/13/2014
LPC hearing: 01/21/2014
NoHo Historic District Extension
Between Lafayette Street and the Bowery
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: (application 1) A Romanesque Revival style store and loft building designed by the Herter Brothers, and built in 1889-90. Application is to modify the fire escape, areaway, and rear façade, excavate at the rear yard, and construct a rooftop addition. Zoned M1-5B
(application 2) A Romanesque Revival style store and loft building designed by the Herter Brothers, and built in 1889-90. Application is to request that the Landmarks Preservation Commission issue a report to the City Planning Commission relating to an application for a Modification of Use pursuant to Section 74-711 of the Zoning Resolution. Zoned M1-5B
2) The application: Available in PDF (from CB2 presentation; includes both applications)
3) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 1/22/14: Application approved at yesterday’s LPC hearing, and is now closed.