APPROVED on 08/06/2013
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Fifth and Sixth Avenues
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A rowhouse built in 1845 and altered in the early 20th century to accommodate storefronts at the first and second floors. Application is to alter the ground floor and install storefront infill, signage, and an awning.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
Monday, July 15, 2013 at 6:30pm
NYU Silver Center, 32 Waverly Place, Room 206
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, August 6, 2013 at time TBD
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please click the agenda link on the LPC public calendar for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 8/6/13: Application approved at today’s public hearing, and is now closed.
- 8/2/13: This application is scheduled for an 8/6 LPC public hearing. Testimony welcome.
- 7/19/13: This application has been laid over and will not be presented on 7/23. Future hearing date TBD.