Application Approved on 7/23/13
Charlton-King-Vandam Historic District
Between Varick Street and Sixth Avenue
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A Greek Revival style rowhouse built in 1846. Application is to construct rooftop and rear yard additions and replace the windows and entry door. Zoned R6.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
3) Photos of the application: Original Application (5/28/13); Revised Application (7/15/13)
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 6:30pm
Grace Church School, 86 Fourth Avenue (at 11th Street), room TBD
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, July 23, 2013 at time TBD
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please click the agenda link on the LPC public calendar for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 7/23/13: Application approved at today’s LPC hearing, and is now closed.
- 7/16/13: A revised version of this application was presented for a second time at the community board (see revised application link above). At this time, it is still scheduled for a 7/23 LPC hearing.
- 7/10/13: Application rescheduled for 7/23 LPC hearing.
- 5/31/13: This application has been laid over and will not be heard at the LPC on June 4th. Future hearing date TBD.