LPC meeting: TBD
NoHo Historic District Extension
Between Lafayette Street and the Bowery
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A Renaissance Revival style store and loft building designed by De Lemos & Cordes and built in 1888-1889. Application is to alter the existing storefront infill, remove the rear shaft extension and install new windows, and construct a rooftop addition. Zoned M1-5B.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
3) Photos of the application: Available in PDF after the upcoming Community Board 2 hearing.
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
Monday, September 16, 2013 at 6pm
Church of Our Lady of Pompeii, 25 Carmine Street, Father Demo Hall
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, September 17, 2013 at time TBD
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please click the agenda link on the LPC public calendar for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 9/20/13: At this application’s 9/17 public hearing, the commissioners took a vote of no action and asked that revisions be made. The applicant will present these revisions at a future public meeting, date TBD.
- 9/13/13: Application scheduled for a 9/16 CB2 presentation (according to CB2 email) and a 9/17 LPC hearing.
- 9/9/13: This application was not presented at the 9/3 CB2 meeting and was rescheduled for a 9/17 LPC hearing. It may be presented at CB2 on 9/16, but we are not sure.
- 8/26/13: Application rescheduled for a 9/3 CB2 meeting and 9/10 LPC hearing.
- 7/16/13: This application was not presented at last night’s community board meeting and is likely laid over at the LPC.