LPC meeting: 09/16/2014
CB2 hearing: 07/14/2014
LPC hearing: 08/5/2014
NoHo Historic District Extension
Lafayette Street and the Bowery
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A Renaissance Revival style store and loft building designed by DeLemos & Cordes and built in 1888-1889. Application is to alter the ground floor, install storefront infill, replace windows, construct a new rear facade and rooftop addition, and excavate the cellar. Zoned M1-5B
2) View the application: Original Application; Revised and approved application
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 9/16/14: Revised application approved at today’s LPC public meeting, and is now closed. The commissioners felt that the relocation of the rooftop addition to the western side was an improvement as it will now only be seen from secondary facades. They also felt that the modern design using historically appropriate materials at the rear facade blends in with its surroundings.
- 9/11/14: Application scheduled for a public meeting on 9/16. Testimony is not taken at this time, but the public is welcome to attend.
- 8/6/14: The commissioners took no action on this application at yesterday’s hearing. They were okay with the proposed storefront infill, but felt the rooftop addition and the rear facade needed to be rethought. The rooftop addition calls too much attention to itself and could be brought down in height and the rear facade could be improved in terms of scale, depth, and dimension. The applicant will make changes and present at a future public meeting, date TBD.
- 7/18/14: Laid over at LPC and will not be heard on 7/22. We will update this page when it has been rescheduled.