APPROVED with modifications 01/08/2019
CB2 hearing: 12/13/2018
LPC hearing: 01/08/2019
Greenwich Village Historic District Extension II
Between Downing Street and West Houston Street
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to replace a door with a window, replace a larger window with two smaller ones, paint, add decorative sconces, install new signage, and an ADA compliant ramp.
2) View the application: Available in PDF.
3) View CB2 Resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Click Here to see the video from 01/08/2019. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) LPC Permit: Available in PDF.
6) View LPC Decision: Available in PDF.
7) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
8) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
01/08/2019: At today’s LPC public hearing this application was approved with the following modifications: that there be only two gooseneck lamps rather than three and that the proposed blue paint only go to the bottom of the storefront cornice.