APPROVED on 08/04/2015
LPC meeting: 08/04/2015
CB2 hearing: 01/12/2015
LPC hearing: 06/02/2015
Gansevoort Market Historic District
Between Washington Street and 9th Avenue
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A neo-Georgian style stable building designed by John M. Baker and built in 1911. Application is to install a roof deck enclosure.
2) View the application:
3) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
4) View LPC Decision: Available in PDF
5) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
6) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 8/4/15: Application approved at today’s LPC public meeting, and is now closed.
- 7/31/15: Application to be reviewed at LPC meeting on 8/4/15.
- 6/2/15: At today’s LPC hearing, the commissioners did not vote on this application. Instead they asked the applicant to make revisions, as they felt the addition was visible from all sides and could potentially become a permanent structure. We will update this page when a public meeting has been scheduled.
- 5/21/15: Application rescheduled for 6/2 LPC hearing.
- 4/3/15: Application laid over at LPC. We will update this page when the hearing has been rescheduled.
- 3/19/15: Application rescheduled for 4/7 LPC hearing.
- 2/27/15: Laid over at LPC and will not be heard on 3/3. We will update this page when it is rescheduled.
- 2/12/15: Application originally scheduled for a 2/17 LPC hearing has been rescheduled for 3/3.