Greenwich Village Historic District Extension II
Between Jones and Cornelia Streets
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: An altered Romanesque/Renaissance Revival style tenement building with a commercial ground floor designed by Max Muller and built in 1899-1901. Application is to install a sidewalk railing, a cellar storefront, and modify the ground floor storefront.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing: Monday, July 2, 2012 at 6:30pm at
The NYU Silver Building, 32 Waverly Place, Room 401
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2′s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 at time TBD at
Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please check the LPC public calendar on the right-hand side of their website for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
Latest News –2/5/13: This revised application was approved at today’s LPC public meeting.
10/16/12: The LPC commissioners requested that the applicant come back at a future public meeting, date TBD, with revisions. Modifications should seek to restore the original appearance of the ground floor.
7/10/12: This application was heard at the LPC on July 10th, and the Commission took a vote of no action. They asked that the applicant return to a future public meeting, date TBD, with revisions to the proposal. They did approve of the sidewalk railing installation.
7/6/12: This application was heard at CB2 on July 2nd and will next be heard at the LPC on July 10th. Public testimony welcome.