CB2 hearing: 10/15/2018
LPC hearing: 10/30/2018
LPC meeting: 11/27/2018
Greenwich Village Historic District Extension I
Between West 4th Street and Bleecker Street
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to construct an addition to the existing Village Community School on the site of the school’s existing playground and outbuilding, to be demolished.
3) View CB2 Resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Click HERE to see the video from 10/30/2018. Click HERE to see the video from 11/27/2018. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) LPC Permit: Available in PDF.
6) View LPC Decision: Available in PDF.
8) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
11/27/2018: At today’s LPC public meeting, the revised application was approved.
10/30/2018: At today’s LPC public hearing, the applicant was asked to make revisions and present the revised application at a future public meeting. The commissioners’ comments included a change of materials and additional glazing at the first floor. They also stated that the windows at the northern bay on Greenwich Street needed either to be reduced in width or rearticulated. All agreed that the overall massing and height is appropriate and that the demolition of the garage can be approved.