Application approved on 06/15/10
Charlton-King-Vandam Historic District
Between Sixth Avenue & Varick Street
A Federal style rowhouse built in 1823. Application is to remove lintel covers, construct rooftop and rear yard additions, and excavate the rear yard.
This application is closed. Application approved June 15th, 2010.
Status as of June 15th, 2010: LATEST NEWS
At the June 15th, 2010 Landmarks Preservation Commission hearing, the application was approved.
Status as of June 7th, 2010:
At the June 7th, 2010 Community Board 2 public hearing, the applicant presented a proposal that will be shown to the Landmarks Preservation Commission on June 15th, 2010. The applicant is proposing to:
1) Remove the existing 1927 rear addition and replace it with a new addition
2) Excavate the garden to create a subterranean room underneath
Although the Commission’s agenda states that the application is also for the removal of lintel covers and the construction of a rooftop addition, the applicant has noted that these are NOT part of the proposal. This application does not propose any changes to the front facade.