APPROVED on 5/14/13
Greenwich Village Historic District Extension II
Between Bedford and Bleecker Streets
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: An American Round Arch style stable with apartments designed by Alfred Zucker and built in 1893 with major alterations in 1920, 1924, and 1925. Application is to construct a new rear facade and a rooftop addition, and replace windows. Zoned R6.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
Monday, April 1, 2013 at 6:30pm
Church of Our Lady of Pompeii, 25 Carmine St. Father Demo Hall
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, April 9, 2013 at time TBD
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please click the agenda link on the LPC public calendar for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. You can read more about public meetings on our blog, Off the Grid.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 5/14/13: This application was approved at today’s LPC public meeting, and is now closed. The commissioners were satisfied that the rooftop addition was set back and, therefore, no longer visible; they also approved of the changes to the rear elevation, which included the windows that are now in alignment with each other (rather than being more haphazard in layout as they were in the earlier iteration).
- 5/10/13: LPC public meeting scheduled for 5/14. Testimony is not taken at this time, but the public is welcome to attend.
- 4/10/13: The commissioners took a vote of no action at yesterday’s LPC public meeting. They asked that the applicant work with LPC staff to rethink the design of the rear elevation and to make the rooftop addition not visible from the street. The applicant will present at a future public meeting, date TBD.