APPROVED on 1/14/14
CB2 hearing: 10/15/2013
LPC hearing: 11/19/2013
LPC meeting: 01/14/2014
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between West 4th Street and Waverly Place
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A transitional Greek Revival style rowhouse built in 1851. Application is to demolish existing rear yard additions, construct rooftop and rear yard additions, demolish and reconstruct a rear yard shed, paint windows, and excavate the cellar.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 1/15/14: Application approved at the 1/14 LPC public meeting, and is now closed. The commissioners approved: the reduction of the rear facade addition from three to two stories so that the original top floor is preserved; the demolition of the rear yard shed (previous plans were to construct a new one, but that was abandoned); and the glass bulkhead. They are okay with the visibility of the metal and flue extensions at the roof since those are the only parts visible from the street.
- 1/10/14: Application scheduled for LPC public meeting on 1/14. No testimony is taken, but the public is welcome to attend.
- 11/19/13: At today’s hearing, the commissioners took a vote of no action and asked the applicant to reconsider the rear elevation and possibly retain the top floor. They also felt that the proposed black paint at the facade windows should be white to match the cornice. They were okay with the demolition of the brick shed in the rear yard, but felt that its replacement should not be higher than the perimeter fence. The applicant will work with LPC staff on these revisions and will present to the commissioners at a future public meeting, date TBD.
- 11/15/13: Application scheduled for an LPC public hearing on 11/19. Testimony welcome.
- 10/18/13: According to today’s LPC agenda, the public hearing for this application has been laid over. Future hearing TBD.