APPROVED WITH MODIFICATIONS
NoHo Historic District
Between West 3rd and Bleecker Streets
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A neo-Gothic style store and loft building designed by V. Hugo Koehler and built in 1911-12. Application is to legalize the installation of banner poles and stretch banners without Landmarks Preservation Commission permits.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
Monday, September 24, 2012
LGBT Center, 208 West 13th Street, Room 310
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, October 2, 2012 at time TBD
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please check the LPC public calendar on the right-hand side of their website for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. You can read more about public meetings on our blog, Off the Grid.
STAY UPDATED! To be updated on the status of this application as soon as we find out more, please click here for our e-alerts.
- 10/2/12: Application approved with modifications at LPC today. The Commissioners asked that there only be two signs on Mercer Street and one on Broadway. Application now closed.
- 9/15/12: New CB2 hearing date set for 9/24/12.
- 7/30/12: Laid over at CB2 and LPC. Future date TBD.