APPROVED on 6/10/14
CB2 hearing: 04/28/2014
LPC hearing: 05/06/2014
LPC meeting: 06/10/2014
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between West 12th and 13th Streets
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A contemporary institutional building designed by Arthur A. Schiller and Albert Ledner and built in 1962-63. Application is to modify previously approved signage and to install additional signs.
2) View the application: Available in PDF
3) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 6/10/14: Approved at today’s LPC meeting, and is now closed. The commissioners felt that the building’s use as a hospital warrants the amount of illuminated signage proposed. They also felt that there is historic precedent for the non-illuminated signage on the lower portion of the building, that it maintains the spare modern panel on the building, and that it is keeping in scale.
- 6/6/14: Application scheduled for LPC public meeting on 6/10.
- 5/6/14: The commissioners did not vote on this application. The applicant will present at a future public meeting, date TBD, with revisions based on the comments from today’s public hearing.