CB2 hearing: 01/17/2019
LPC hearing: 02/05/2019 – no action
LPC meeting: 04/16/2019
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between West 8th Street and Waverly Place
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to infill areaway and install new at-grade storefront, and alter stoop and building entrance.
3) View CB2 Resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. For the video from 02/05/2019, click HERE. Click Here to see the video from 4/16/2019.Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) View LPC Decision: Available in PDF.
6) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
7) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
04/16/2019: At today’s public meeting, this application was approved.
02/05/2019: At today’s LPC public hearing, the Commission took no action and the applicant was instructed to make revisions to the proposal and re-present it at a future public meeting. In conjunction with the application for 179 MacDougal Street and 38-42 West 8th Street, the applicant was asked by the Commissioners to vary the storefronts more at all three buildings.