APPROVED with modifications 03/19/2019
CB2 hearing: 09/11/2017 – laid over
CB2 hearing: 10/12/2017
LPC hearing: 11/13/2018 – no action
LPC meeting: 03/19/2019
Charlton King Vandam Historic District
Between Varick Street and Sixth Avenue
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to renovate the interior & exterior; installation of a full-width, 12-ft 8-in. addition in the rear at the cellar, 1st, and 2nd floors with a roof terrace above the 2nd floor; demolition of rear roof dormer to be rebuilt the same size as adjacent dormer, extension to southwest chimney with 6 new small flues to replace existing flue; replacement, in kind, of existing roofing at south roof and replacement, in kind, of existing structure and roofing at north roof; installation of new skylight and mechanical roof vents at north roof.
3) View CB2 Resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Click HERE to view the video from 11/13/2018. Click HERE to see the video from 03/19/2019. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) View LPC Decision: Available in PDF.
7) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
03/19/2019: At today’s LPC public meeting, the revised application was approved with the modification that the rear roof dormer not be flush with the rear wall and set back.
11/13/2018: At today’s LPC public hearing, no action was taken on this application. The Commissioners felt that the rear addition as proposed was not appropriate and asked that the applicant return at a future public meeting with a revised proposal.