16 Jane Street

WITHDRAWN

Greenwich Village Historic District
Between West 4th Street and Greenwich Avenue

photo

Image courtesy of Google Street View

—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-

1) From the LPC agenda: Two buildings designed by A.B. Ogden and Son and built in 1887, and later altered and combined into a single apartment house in 1939. Application is to remove the fire balconies, the stucco finish and outer wythe of brick and construct a new facade.

2) View the application: Available in PDF after the upcoming Community Board 2 hearing.

3) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.

4) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.

 

—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-

This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.

STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.

Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).

As of:

  • 6/13/14: According to the LPC public hearing agenda released today, this application has been withdrawn and will not be presented at the community board or the LPC. The reason as to why this application was withdrawn by the applicant is unknown, but this means the proposal will not be moving forward as originally planned.
  • 5/29/14: Application rescheduled for a 6/9 CB2 hearing and a 6/17 LPC hearing.
  • 3/26/14: Not presented at CB2 Landmarks Committee meeting (laid over by architect) and is laid over at LPC. We will update this page when a hearing date has been rescheduled.