APPROVED on 3/11/14
LPC meeting: 03/11/2014
CB2 hearing: 01/13/2014
LPC hearing: 01/21/2014
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between West 12th and Jane Streets
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A Greek Revival style rowhouse built in 1845. Application is to alter the front and rear facades, and construct rooftop additions. Zoned C1-6/R7
2) The application: Available in PDF (from CB2 presentation)
3) View LPC Decision: Available in PDF
4) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
5) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 3/11/14: Application approved at today’s LPC public meeting, and is now closed. The applicant has chosen to encase the historic stained glass sign in painted glass, which means it will remain part of the building but will not be visible. The commissioners were disappointed that the sign would not be featured, and hope that a future “enlightened” tenant will choose to showcase it as part of their storefront design (however, they approved the encasement). At the roof, the planters have been removed and the railing has been set back; the stair bulkhead will be placed next to the neighbor’s chimney to minimize its visual impact from the street.
- 3/7/14: Application scheduled to be presented at the 3/11 LPC public meeting.
- 1/22/14: Application heard at the 1/21 LPC hearing, but the commissioners did not vote. Instead they asked that the applicant re-work the rooftop addition and find a way to stabilize and retain the stained glass sign. The applicant will present revisions at a future public meeting, date TBD.