APPROVED with modifications 08/07/2018
CB3 hearing: 06/18/2018
LPC hearing: 07/10/2018 – no action
LPC meeting: 08/07/2018
East Village/Lower East Side Historic District
Between East 7th Street and St. Mark’s Place
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB3 agenda: Application is to construct a new seven-story building.
3) View CB3 Resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Click HERE to view the video from 07/10/2018 and click HERE to view the video from 08/07/2018. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
6) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
08/07/2018: At tody’s LPC public meeting, this application was approved with the modification that the applicant work with staff to address concerns raised about the rooftop railing.
07/10/2018: At today’s LPC public hearing, the applicant was asked to make several revisions to the design and re-present a revised proposal at a future public meeting. All of the Commissioners agreed that a plaque should be incorporated into the design to commemorate the victims of the explosion. There also seemed to be a consensus that the color of the masonry needed to be adjusted. Some of the Commissioners had issues with the windows including the corner windows, although in the case of the corner window different solutions were offered, some contradictory. They also asked that the penthous and bulkhead be reduced.