APPROVED amendment 03/19/2019
CB2 hearing: 01/19/2016
LPC hearing: 02/02/2016 (see NY Yimby article)
LPC meeting: 02/09/2016
LPC meeting for amendment: 03/19/2019
Between Broadway and Lafayette Street
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB2 agenda: Application is to modify the parapet and extend the 4th floor to Bond St., add a rooftop bulkhead for a new stair and elevator, add a glass guardrail at the roof, modify window openings, replace windows throughout, install signage and modify the entry on Lafayette St.
3) View CB2 resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Click HERE to see the Public Hearing (02/02/2016) and click HERE to see the Public Meeting (02/09/2016). Click HERE to see the video from 03/19/2019. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) View LPC decision: Available in PDF
6) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
7) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 03/19/2019: Amendment application for the approved certificate of appropriateness was approved with modifications by the LPC at today’s public meeting. The Commissioners denied backlighting the signage and asked the applicant to work with staff to work on the entry.
- 02/09/2016: Applicant revised plan by setting back rooftop addition and restoring crenelated parapet across entire facade, extending the third story windows slightly and added vertical metal muntins to the storefront windows at the first floor. Application approved.
- 02/02/2016: LPC asked the applicant to come back with revisions to the proposal in response to their concerns on the rooftop addition and windows at both the third floor and ground floor on the Lafayette Street facade. This will be presented at a future public meeting. No Action.