APPLICATION APPROVED with modifications
Greenwich Village Historic District
Between Jane and West 12th Streets
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: A Greek Revival style house built in 1842 and altered in the early 20th century. Application is to alter the rear facade, excavate the cellar, construct a rear yard addition, and construct a rooftop bulkhead. Zoned C1-6.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 2 public hearing:
Monday, December 3, 2012 at 6:30pm
The Little Red School House, 272 Sixth Avenue, auditorium
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB2’s Landmarks & Public Aesthetics Committee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, March 5, 2013 at time TBD
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please check the LPC public calendar on the right-hand side of their website for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 2 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearings but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing dates indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. You can read more about public meetings on our blog, Off the Grid.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 3/5/13: Approved at today’s LPC hearing, and is now closed. They were okay with the single pane windows at the rear elevation, but felt that the top floor should be kept intact. The proposed bulkhead is minimally visible in their opinion.
- 3/1/13: LPC hearing scheduled for 3/5.
- 1/22/13: Application laid over at LPC. We just found this out today and will update this form once we learn more.
- 1/9/13: LPC hearing rescheduled for 1/22.
- 12/7/12: Hearing, originally scheduled for 12/11/12, has been postponed until a date TBD.