CB3 hearing: 06/20/2017
LPC hearing: 07/11/2017 – laidover
LPC hearing: 07/25/2017 – laidover
LPC hearing: 08/08/2017 – no action
LPC meeting: 04/10/2018
St. Mark’s Historic District Extension
Between Third Avenue and Stuyvesant Street
Image courtesy of Google Street View
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the CB3 agenda: Application is to construct a partial 2-level rooftop addition, set back 14 feet at the first level and 18 feet at the second level.
3) View CB3 Resolution: Available in PDF.
4) View the video: A curated list of LPC videos of these presentations from March 2014 onward can be found on our YouTube page. Click HERE to view the video from 08/08/2017. Please note that the LPC posts these videos about a week after the presentation. Videos include the applicant’s presentation, public testimony (for hearings only), and deliberation by the LPC commissioners.
5) LPC designation report: Read this property’s architectural/historical description.
6) Receive updates by email: Please click here if you would like GVSHP to email you when there are updates to the status of this application.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. Please note that public testimony is taken at public hearings, but not at public meetings.
Please note: All LPC public hearings and public meetings are held at the Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th floor north, public hearing room (unless otherwise noted).
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
04/10/2018: At today’s LPC public meeting, the revised application was approved. LPC stressed that the rooftop addition may not be visible from any public thoroughfare and that the stairs and rail be only minimally visible.
08/08/2017: At today’s LPC hearing, no action was taken. The applicant was asked to revise the application and return to present at a future public meeting. The Commission overwhelmingly felt that the proposed rooftop addition was too large.