East Village/Lower East Side Historic District
Between East 6th and 7th Streets
—- APPLICATION INFORMATION —-
1) From the LPC agenda: An altered Neo-Grec style apartment building designed by Julius Boekell and constructed in 1868 and altered in 1922 by F.W. Klemt. Application is to install a flue.
2) LPC Designation Report: An architectural and historical description of the building is available in the designation report.
—- HEARING TIMES & COMMUNITY INVOLVEMENT —-
1) Community Board 3 public hearing:
Thursday, January 10, 2013 at 6:30pm
BRC Senior Services Center, 30 Delancey Street (between Chrystie and Forsyth Streets)
As this information is subject to change, please visit the community board’s website for the latest available agenda. This application is scheduled to be shown publicly for the first time at CB3′s Landmarks Subcommittee public hearing. Public attendance and comments are welcome (note: this will be the first opportunity for the public to comment on this application).
2) Landmarks Preservation Commission public hearing:
Tuesday, January 22, 2013 at time TBD
The Municipal Building, 1 Centre Street, 9th Floor North, public hearing room
On the Friday afternoon before the hearing, please click the agenda link on the LPC public calendar for the approximate hearing time (we recommend that you arrive 30 minutes prior). Note that items can sometimes be postponed (laid over) to a future date. At this hearing, the Commission will officially vote to approve or deny the application, or ask that the applicant return at a later date with revisions. Public attendance and testimony are welcome (note: this will most likely be the last opportunity for public comment on this application).
3) Email Community Board 3 or the Landmarks Preservation Commission
If you cannot attend the public hearing but would still like to comment, please click here to contact the Community Board or the Landmarks Preservation Commission. Be sure to send them your comments before the hearing date indicated above.
—- STATUS OF THIS APPLICATION —-
This section provides updates if there are changes to the hearing dates listed above, which includes instances when an application has been laid over (aka postponed). If applicable, LPC public meeting dates for this application will also be tracked here. You can read more about public meetings on our blog, Off the Grid.
STAY UPDATED! Click here for our e-alerts to be updated on this application as soon as we find out more.
- 1/23/13: Application approved at yesterday’s LPC hearing, and is now closed.